Friday, October 3, 2008

Bored with a Book!

So it's been a pretty boring last two days... sorta sad unfortunately. Yesterday I met with Gina's assistant for tea in the morning. Having lived in Prague, Martha was a resident expert in all things Czech and gave me a few interesting ideas of things to do. In addition to giving me ideas, she gave me more books than the Library of Congress has (thank you Gina). They should keep me occupied until at least Halloween if not Thanksgiving. The one problem is that I started reading one of them yesterday, and it was really really good so I am now 400 pages into it. That partially explains why I haven't done anything since yesterday.
So after meeting with Martha, I went to my Psych class and laughed the whole time because I was awake. This may not seem that funny, even though I often am not awake in class, but watching everyone else bob their heads up and down or sleep on their desks or lean against a wall and sleep was pretty funny. We also discussed Anti-Semitism a ton, and sadly, the only thing I could think about [in addition to how it had affected all of my family] was a famous song of Borat's that involves a Jew and a well... Oh well.
After reading all afternoon, I made the leftover gulash and rice, but this time added a ton more spices, thus making it taste somewhat acceptable. My NOLS rule held true: more hot sauce, garlic and pepper can make anything edible. I then proceeded to drink almost 4 USD worth of beer [actually was 3 liters still though], and became bored in a club. Upon return home, I noticed that I had a lot of ice cream and the debates were almost on. I woke up 2 hours later, noticed that I had missed the debates and had a lot of melted ice cream. Perfect.
This morning I woke up and read. All day. I actually got up off the couch to eat a slice of cheese, then returned to my groove spot and read more. At 6, we all finally got up and cleaned the apartment for the first REAL time this year. Boring and no fun, but still necessary. And once I got up, I stayed up! I not only packed for our trip to Moravia tomorrow, but I also even showered and left the apartment. This ultimate gesture liberated me, and even helped motivate me to call Joey. I have now finally seen my cousin, and have an ATM card that won't charge me 15 usd per withdrawal. I also had some great cheese fondue with gnocchi hidden in it and a soup. Joey also showed me how terrible his dorm is, and thus relatively [and absolutely] how great mine is. Since returning, I have already done everything that my apartment offers that his doesnt: I have drank my sink water, sat on my couch, watched HBO, played foosball, and walked around my apartment. Man would it suck to not have those luxurious amenities.
PS: The strawberries I bought at a food stuffs store half an hour ago are unbelievable, and I'm quite excited to try the watermelon too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughed til I cried Re: sleeping in class!