Friday, October 17, 2008

Soccer :) and Class :(

Picture a mouse on a hamster wheel running. Now picture that wheel in a microwave on high. Now picture that mouse's heart. Remove it. Put it in a person's body. Now put that person in a really cold wind, blowing right on their chest. That is how I felt playing soccer for the past hour and a half. It was really fun, granted, and even though I played terribly, everyone else did too. I played with Dillon and a few dorm guys, 2 of whom play D3 lacrosse and the third was a fellow ex-soccer player. Countless liters of beer on all of our behalfs, however, have negated all physical skill, stamina, and speed. I will emphasize though that it was really fun, and I get the added benefit of a really nice hot cup of tea now.
Before playing in the park, I was fortunate enough to be one of 7 CIEE students in class on a Friday! There should have been 15 from my class, but I was one of the idiots who showed up, and wasted their beautiful day. Unlike yesterday when it was raining all day, this morning, I could only see one wishful cloud, flying high, sailing in a sea of blue. What a fantastic day to leave for class at 11:30 and come back after 4. Instead of starting at noon, our professor had some family issues [unintentional bring your child to work day], some class interrupting phone calls, and always runs late, thus ending the hour and a half lecture 15 minutes late. We then commuted to a psychologists's office where a guest lecturer spoke to us for a while, getting us out (and not near home) at 3:45. He was actually quite interesting and I had a few questions for him, but I wanted to get out of there so badly - like everyone else - that I kept my mouth shut. Being a psychoanalyst, this guy had the most hypnotic voice ever. 1 kid slept through his entire lecture [to just us] and another was pulling the head bob the whole time. I tried listening but kept wandering off thinking about what I could be doing outside. Although I knew I wanted to go to the park, I had no idea that Dillon would have access to a soccer ball.
So that's been about it today, Dillon and I are going to watch the Prague basketball team play right now. The game is like 2 blocks away and the guy who lives below us is playing. I am then going to try the Mediterranean restuarant in our basement which I believe is giving us a 20% off food and 50% off drinks special for being neighbors. Then we'll let the night go, and I'll update anything exciting in the not too distant tomorrow.

No comments: