Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dolphins are just Gay Sharks

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the title; I just remembered that when we got back to our hotel at 8pm Saturday night in Munich, 1 of the guys had that written on his arm by an Australian guy. Anyways, I again meant to do laundry and forgot, and if I hadn't decided to pack a ton of clothes, I'd be in the same clothes for the past 4 days [I luckily also bought a shirt at Oktoberfest so I had something to wear today]. O well, I did half the laundry [a full load] when I got back from class because our machine only holds 8 pieces of clothing at a time. I chose to mix it up with like 6 small things and 2 big ones so that they'll all fit on our clothes rack for drying.
I then decided that the 5 groceries I have in my apartment weren't enough, so I went shopping! For exactly 3 USD [damn our dying economy, last week it would have only cost me 2.50], I got 2 kiwis, a kilo of radishes, a roll, an apple, and beef stew in a can [gulash]. Who would have known that my favorite foods are considered the absolute drek in the Czech Republic, and thus are cheaper than dirt! Other dirt cheap Czech shopping list items include garlic, onions, potatoes, and cheese. It's like I was meant to study here for purely economic reasons.
Although I haven't tried the canned gulash [I think it's going to taste like a Czech version of spaghetti-o's, but it's actually a real, delicious food that's served in restaurants here], I'm sure it'll provide a variation from my cheese sandwiches, meat sandwiches, eggs with salami, eggs with cheese, and the occasional salad. Although my meal choices may have no variation, I have begun purchasing and consuming food this week, despite it going against the Czech culture.
On my way home from the grocery store, the skies saw fit to remind me of Alaska! Not by showing me an unbelievable landscape, however, or by getting me lost in a real remote land, but by opening up and letting all hell break lose. Again. G-d must love pouring rain down on this city as much as its citizens love drinking beer. I luckily keep a mini umbrella in my backpack at all times, which I even had to use on my way to yoga 4 hours later.
I have since noticed that my laptop is about to burn a whole in my jeans because it is running so hot. A side effect of this is the 1.5 hour battery life, which shortens if I type anything. Thus, I have been trying to underclock my computer, which is a real waste of time because I should have figured this out 4 years ago when I was actually interested in this shit. Did I mention that the new monitoring program I download claims my computer is running at about 59 degrees Celsius right now? Oh well, at least that's better than the 65 degrees it was an hour ago...

No comments: